A Display Energy Certificate (DEC) is currently required for all public buildings over 250m2 and designed to raise awareness of energy consumption of the building.
The DEC provides a recognised energy rating from efficient A rating to a poorly performing rating of G. It is a requirement of the DEC that it is displayed on the building in a prominent position so that it is clearly visible to public visitors. The DEC can be no smaller than A3 in size.
- A DEC is a legal requirement for buildings over 250m2
- Buildings between 250m2 and 1000m2 the DEC and advisory report are valid for 10 years.
- For buildings with over 1000m2 of useful floor space the DEC is valid for 12 months and the advisory report is valid for 7 years.
A CSR Sustain DEC Assessment
For buildings with a total usable floor area of over 250m2 that are occupied in whole or part by public authorities or by institutions providing public services we undertake the following:
- Regulated survey and assessment of the building.
- Input the data into a software program designed by the Buildings Research Establishment.
- Produce a draft certificate and report that can then be discussed with the client if required.
- Issue certificate and lodge at the Landmark Registry.
- Supply certificate for display.
- Discuss with you further energy and carbon saving recommendations.
For further details and information on DECs please contact us.
Manchester Office: 0161 762 5670